Ruapotaka School is a multi-cultural Year 1-8 school that is part of the Manaiakalani Tamaki Cluster with approximately 140 students in Panmure, Auckland.
As a Manaiakalani school, the focus is to raise the achievement level of all learners.
Key goals are :-
- supporting leaners to have greater clarity and ownership of their learning
- supporting teachers to inquire into their practice, in order to design pedagogically effective and cognitively challenging learning experiences
- focussing on Learn, Create, Share.
Year 8 students have personal chromebooks.
Year 1-4 students have access to varied digital media.
- The Board of Trustees endeavours to have small class numbers with a teacher aide supporting reading, writing and maths daily in Years 1 to 4.
- We have senior cultural groups -
- Kapahaka, Samoan, Cook Island and Tongan
- All senior rooms have lunchtime sport.
- We recognise the key competencies of participating and contributing, relating to others, thinking, managing self, as required to be lifelong learners.
- Leadership is recognised and our School Prefects provide positive role models.
- We are a Duffy-Books in Home, Fruit and Milk school.