PB4L – Stands for Positive, Behaviour 4 Learning.
The programme offers tools for supporting positive behaviour both in situations of clear need and in more settled environments.
We have aligned our programme to work in with our school values. Each week every class does a lesson focusing on one components of the PB4L Matrix we have developed for our School.
We are currently working through the value of respect and understanding how we can show this in different situations.
Here is what we have been working on.
Matrix of Expected Behaviours
Ruapotaka School 2021
|SCHOOL VALUES||ALL SETTINGS||ALL CLASSROOMS||ASSEMBLY||TOILETS||OUTSIDE AREAS||SWIMMING POOL|
FOR SELF OTHERS AND THE ENVIRONMENT
I AM RESPECTFUL WHEN
- I listen to a speaker
- I follow adult and student leaders instructions
- I wear the correct uniform
- I use kind words
- I return to class quickly
- I use an inside voice when in buildings
- I support others
- I put my hand up to speak.
- I will be seated when eating
- I enter and exit the room in an orderly manner
- I enter and exit the space in an orderly manner
- I respond appropriately
- I sit quietly between the songs and speakers
- I stand with my arms down and my head is up during the national anthem
- I wear correct uniform
- I applaud performers and certificate winners
- I am considerate of others’ privacy by keeping the door closed when I am using the toilet and by letting others use the toilet.
- I get permission to go during class time
- I walk around corners, on decks and astro turf
- I wear a hat during term 1 an 4 or play in the shade
- I am aware of other users
- I sit while eating
- I walk carefully
- I enter and exit the pool carefully